Building Information Modelling (BIM)
What is it?
BIM is a Process!
This process generates a lot of Data. Some of this data is necessary for the design/construction/handover/operational phase.
This process includes:
- An agreement between the parties that they will use BIM. (BIM Protocol)
- 3D models for each discipline/supplier.
- A set of standards to work to (Document Naming, Version Control, etc.)
- A programme to work to.
- A project plan to follow (RIBA P.O.W. or similar)
- An environment to share information. (Common Data Environment)
- An agreed handover/soft landing strategy.
BIM Pilot Project #1 - Sighthill Community Campus
- Mainstream Primary School : 14 Teaching Spaces
- Assisted Learning : 8 Specialist Teaching Spaces
- Nursery : 6 Nursery Classrooms
- 4 Court Indoor Sports Hall
- Drama Space
- Shared Library